Saturday, February 6, 2010

RSS Feeds and Newsreaders

The RSS feeds will come in handy. For my HEB Blogline newsreader, I found feeds on young adult literature, study tips, Web 2.0 tools and one of my favorite leaders in the field of library science: Doug Johnson. Wish Gary Hartzell had a blog....I looked.
:(

Here's the link for my Blogroll:
CT Follows Blogs

I'm following Kiera's lead and will answer all the questions in order:

*What do you like about RSS and newsreaders?
I had seen that little RSS icon before, but didn't realize it had a purpose. I just had all my favorites in a folder on my computer. Being able to subscribe is much better...the information comes to you. I especially like the newsreader. I have several political blogs I follow and it will be nice to have them in one place with the new posts front and center.

*How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your work or personal life? It will save time, that most precious commodity.

*How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology? The book review sites I subscribed to will help in making collection choices.

*Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use? I just like to look up topics that interest me on the Internet. I had some saved from prior searches.

*Which Search tool was the easiest for you? Which was more confusing? I found them about equal in difficulty. Had a little trouble with my blogroll and I'm not sure if it is right or not.

*What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find? The study tips and book reviews will be useful. I like the sites that update daily like the Astronomy Picture of the Day, SAT words and questions.

*What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds? I did use a couple of directories, but had more luck with simply searching Google.

My five RSS feeds for the blog are located on the right......

2 comments:

  1. I should have named that Blogroll: "CT's Favorite Blogs." *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in my attempts to make my blogroll public...I did indeed get a chance to rename it.

    ReplyDelete